A guide to the different options for financing a community enterprise, by the Co-operative.
Economy Action Group
There have been preliminary discussions over the last year about how to take economy issues forward within Sustainable Brampton but that although the fundamental importance of economy to Brampton has been recognised no-one has yet volunteered to take responsibility for a specific project. Anyone interested in joining this group should first read the background to how it formed, look at the various leads and links contained in the documents at the bottom of this page and then contact us to discuss how best they might contribute to making progress in this vital aspect of everyday life.
Some areas we would like to explore are:
- prosperity without growth?
- job creation
- local production and distribution
- relationships with and between local businesses
- what is sustainable economy?
- raising local finance
- community ownership of assets and enterprise
- the ‘leaky bucket’ concept
- local alternative and complementary currencies
- credit unions……etc!